Skip to main content
What do I need to have before I begin?
- General library information
- Electronic and materials statistics
- Service and programming statistics
- Information about personnel
- Roster of Library Board Trustees (as of July 1, 2016)
- Operating fund, income, revenue, and expenditure information
- A blank, printed copy of survey (optional)
Bibliostat Collect Frequent Questions
Click on "Frequent Questions" once you have logged into Bibliostat Collect for detailed information on getting started, how to use the survey tools, the status of your progress, and how to print or save a copy of your survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see your question here? Submit it!
- When is Bibliostat due? The report is due by 5 pm on Friday, August 18, 2017.
- How do I know that Bibliostat Collect is open? Infromation regarding Bibliostat Collect is sent to library directors through the WVLC newsletter, Library Lookout, and through the Director's listserv.
- How do I access Bibliostat Collect? Go to Bibliostat Collect or click on the link from the WVLC homepage.
- Where can I get my username and password? The username and password are the same every year. Please contact Susan Bailey or call 1-800-642-9021, Option 1, for the information. Please include your name and the name of your library in your message.
- My username and password won't work. What's wrong? Make sure that you a. are not using the letter "o" for zero when entering your username and password and b. do not have the caps lock turned on. If you still have problems, contact Susan Bailey or call 1-800-642-9021, Option 1, for assistance.
- My username and password were recognized, but I get an error message. What do I do? If you are trying to access Bibliostat Collect late in the afternoon, you may not be able to get in because of high usage. Please try again the following morning. Also, try another computer. Sometimes the particular computer you are working on may lack the software or may have a filter that does not allow you to get into Bibliostat Collect. If these suggestions do not help, contact Susan Bailey or call 1-800-642-9021, Option 1, for assistance. You can also contact Bibliostat Collect for technical assistance by calling 1-866-785-9935.
- Can I expect any changes in Bibliostat this year? Yes, there will be subtle changes each year to either improve the survey process or to clarify details in an attempt to align reporting practices nationwide.
- Why can’t I see the full screen in Bibliostat? If you are not able to see the full screen of the Bibliostat report, click the F11 button. To turn it off, you can click F11 again.
- “Please wait”—what does that mean? It means just that. You must wait until the information is loaded or saved. You will not be able to make any additions or changes to Bibliostat while the message is on the screen.
- Is there an easy way to get help with a question I don’t understand? While in the report, you may click on the number of the question (if it is underlined) to see instructions or definitions.
- I get interrupted so often when I’m trying to complete Bibliostat and it times out on me. How long do I have? The time-out period for Bibliostat is 90 minutes.
- Does the director have to be the one who fills out Bibliostat? No. The director may pass this task along to someone else. You will be prompted to enter the name, email address, and phone number of person filling out survey.
- I tried to submit Bibliostat but it won’t let me because I have edit checks. How can I get rid of them? The question will appear with the reason for the edit check below in bright red. If the data is incorrect, simply correct the data. If the data is already correct, add a Federal note using the notepad to explain the answer. If the edit check is on an automatic total and the figure is wrong, you will need to change the data in the contributing questions.
- I created a note to satisfy an edit check, but the edit check does not disappear. Now what? You will be able to submit only after every edit check has been satisfied. If the edit check message has turned green, it is okay. Go ahead and submit.
- I finished the online report and submitted it. How can I be sure that the WVLC received it? When you click on “submit”, you will see at the top of the screen a “please wait” message. Wait until you see the message “Congratulations, submission successful!” before logging off.
- What if I have questions about Biblisotat? Please do not struggle with any of the questions. Phone calls and email are both welcome. Whichever contact method you select, please tell us your name, phone number and the name of your library.
- Whom should I contact to get further information? For information about the report, data, or general questions, contact Susan Bailey or call 1-800-642-9021, option 1. For technical/login issues you may also contact Bibliostat Collect by phone at 1-866-785-9935.
West Virginia Library Commission
1900 Kanawha Blvd East | Culture Center, Bldg. 9 | Charleston, WV 25305
In-State Toll Free : (800) 642-9021 | (304) 558-2041