Rotating and Deposit Collections can expand your library's offerings of new, expensive or emerging formats while also allowing your library to broaden its collections in special genres. With help from the Library Commission's collections and specialists, rotating and deposit collections are tailored to your library's specific needs. Collections are checked out for an extended period of 60-, 90-, or 120-days and then shipped directly to the library. In return, the library will need to promote these collections to the community, keep circulation statistics, answer a brief survey and return the titles at the end of the loan period. Then, as often as you like, you can request new deposit collections.
Available Collections Include:
- Audiobooks - unabridged compact discs
- Playaway audiobooks - small, self-contained audio equivalents of a book complete with earphones and batteries
- Large Print Books (through Special Services)
- Graphic Novels/Manga/Comics
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Special Projects Collections - libraries and educators can request a collection on a specialized subject
- Spanish Language-fiction and non-fiction titles by best-selling Mexican and Latin American authors, in addition to popular English language works translated into Spanish.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Educational and Support
- DVDs (Documentaries)
- West Virginia Collection