This is the "Home" page of the "Circulation FAQ" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

Circulation FAQ   Tags: library services  

Answers to common questions relating to borrowing materials from the Library Commission State Library Services Division.
Last Updated: Jun 12, 2014 URL: Print Guide RSS Updates

Home Print Page

How to contact SLS:


Phone: (304) 558-2045

800 number: (800) 642-9021 select option 3

Hours: Monday - Friday,

            8:30 am - 5:00 pm


Getting Started

How do I get a library card?

Any state resident may receive a library card with the Library Commission State Library Services.  Please bring in a valid picture ID and current address to the Service Desk to be registered.  For individuals who cannot make it to the Capitol Complex, please email the Service desk for information needed to get a library card.

How do I borrow library materials?

Once you are registered, you may use your ID to check out library materials at the Service Desk.  You must present your library card when borrowing materials.

I'm not a West Virginia resident.  Can I borrow materials from the Library Commission?

Yes, the Library Commission does register non-state residents for library cards.  Please contact the Service Desk for additional borrowing privilege information.

How do I reach the Service Desk at the Library Commission?


Was this Useful?

Was this information helpful?

How useful is this page?
(1 = Not Useful, 5 = Very Useful!)

Additional comments:

Your Email:

Agency HomeAbout Us Services ProgramsCollectionsPublications
IMLS Logo Funding for this project is provided by the Library Services and Technology Act administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the West Virginia Library Commission.
WVLC on the Web

Loading  Loading...