Board adopted policies must cover the following topics:
Please review this presentation on the necessary elements of a policy manual:
1. Does your library have a comprehensive policy manual?
2. Does the board periodically reevaluate policies?
3. Is a copy of the latest policy manual on file at the West Virginia Library Commission?
4. Are all policies and policy changes communicated to all staff members?
5. Are you familiar with all the policies adopted by the board?
6. Do you stand ready to defend the policies if they are challenged?
Please follow these recommendations when submitting your policy manual to the WVLC.
The following information is sometimes included in policy manuals. You may refer to the statement or include a link in your submitted manual. If you include the text of any of the following, you must cite your source.
West Virginia Library Commission
1900 Kanawha Blvd East | Culture Center, Bldg. 9 | Charleston, WV 25305
In-State Toll Free : (800) 642-9021 | (304) 558-2041